What is a Sten Do & Hag Do?
Everyone knows what a hen party and a stag do is…but what is a sten do?
We are here to tell you everything you need to know about this type of event that is growing in popularity over the past few years. More and more groups are considering scrapping the traditions and opting for a more modern version of their celebration that mixes everyone together by opting to arrange a joint stag and hen do with their friends and family. Below you will find all the information you need along with any ideas and extras that will help you make your decision.
What is a Sten Do?
A sten do comes from a stag and hen do put together. So that means a sten do is where the bride and groom to be decide that they want to celebrate their final night of freedom together. Usually the reason for that is that they share a friendship group. If you have the same friendship group it makes the most sense to come together and create a combined celebration.
What is a Hag Do?
So a hag do is essentially another name for a sten do, instead of st (stag) en (hen) its h (hen) ag (stag). So a hag do is a mixed group celebration that the bride and groom usually do together.
Why would you have a Sten Do or Hag Do?
Sten and hag do’s (or simply, a joint hen and stag party) are becoming more and more popular and there are a number of reasons why. Whether you are a same sex couple or you have the same friendship group here are a few reasons why we think so many people are opting to combine their pre-wedding celebrations:
1. Saves you Money
In some occasions doing a joint celebration can save you money in the long run as you are sharing the day and sharing the cost of activities.
2. Same Friendship Group
This ties in with saving you money really, but if you have the same friendship group you don’t want to be making them pay for 2 different celebrations with the only difference being the bride or groom to be will be there.
3. Same interests
If the bride and groom to be have the same hobbies and interests and would enjoy doing the same thing for their pre-wedding celebration then you might as well come together and create one celebration.
Best activities for a sten do
1. Old School Sports Day – Feel like big kids again and go head to head in a range of fun sports day themed races like the egg and spoon race, relay race and three legged race!
2. Bubble Mayhem – Get ready to bash, crash, and roll around in bubble suits as you take part in a range of different fun and hilarious mini games like bulldog and last person standing.
3. Cocktail Making – Shake, mix, and pour together your favourite cocktail creations with an experience like this in a lively city centre bar.
4. Escape Rooms – Work together in teams and solve clues, complete puzzles and tasks to escape from the room. You will have 60 minutes to escape before you are locked in!
5. Go Karting – Race against each other and see who is the best driver as you make your way around the track in the ultimate racing experience together.
Experts in School Sports Days across the UK & Ireland
- Tried & Tested – 1900+ reviews on Trustpilot
- One Price – Venue, staff & equipment all included
- Nationwide – We cover the whole of the UK